Today, I retired the site's Projects page and moved all my project links to the homepage.
Why make this change?
- The homepage gets way more traction than the projects page. Even though I launched the homepage less than a year ago, it already has 98% of the projects page's total views, which existed since 2011.
- Since more people are on the homepage anyway, that's one less click to start playing a project.
In addition to the move, I reformatted how projects are listed.
- The link to view a project is now the project title, instead of a separate link called View Project.
- The app icons are slightly bigger on desktop and slightly smaller on mobile.
- Each project now contains tags, which pinpoint some of the projects' highlights.
Will these adjustments cause more people to try my projects? Guess I'll wait and see!
Note: This is NOT the site overhaul I've eluded to over recent blog posts. That's a much bigger endeavor that'll take time to prepare.