Today, I patched a few more things with Escape Tower. I've wanted to roll this out for a while, but I procrastinated until I discovered a game-breaking bug (which I'll explain shortly). So let's get started, shall we?
- Improves game scaling. Escape a Tower now utilizes the new and improved scaling code introduced from Button Masher v4.1.
- Explains how to play with fewer words. As we all know, the fewer the words, the better.
- The game is now playable on Safari private browsing mode. Here's the game-breaking bug I was talking about. In previous versions, the game wouldn't start in this instance because Safari would refuse to write in Local Storage. To work around this, I added some flags so Safari private browsing mode would disregard the Local Storage code.
- Other minor changes:
- Cache manifest extension changed from .manifest to .appcache
- New title font for Linux users
- Minor tweaks to the game's script