Welcome to a new update for I am Thinking of a Number, the sophisticated number guesser. In the previous version, I improved on the game's mechanics, allowing players to guess more efficiently than ever before. Now, with this version, I focus on the game's appearance and design. Number guessing has never looked better than before!
So what has changed visually? Allow me to walk you through that.
- New fonts. Out with the boring Arial font, in with the much improved fonts! The font you will see has been optimized for your operating system.
- iOS 9 or OS X El Capitan Safari will use the San Francisco font.
- Older versions of iOS/OS X or using Firefox/Chrome on a Mac will still use the Helvetica Neue font.
- Windows will use the Tahoma font.
- Android will use the Roboto font.
- Ubuntu will, surprise, use the Ubuntu font.
- All other operating systems will use their sans-serif font.
- New buttons. The game now uses stylized buttons, which should look more consistent than the previous default buttons.
- New favicon. That 1k looks slightly different now.
- New app icon. Shown above. The 1k now uses the San Francisco font and a new gradient background. This should look much better than the previous solid white design.
I hope that you too agree that the new design is a step in the right direction. If you want to reference the old layout, version 2.6.3 awaits you in the Archive.
* Yes, I know Segoe UI is the Windows system font, but I chose Tahoma instead since Segoe UI is more difficult to read. I didn't want to sacrifice function for form.