Welcome to a new update for I am Thinking of a Number, the sophisticated number guesser. In the previous version, I improved on the game's mechanics, allowing players to guess more efficiently than ever before. Now, with this version, I focus on the game's appearance and design. Number guessing has never looked better than before!
So what has changed visually? Allow me to walk you through that.
New fonts. Out with the boring Arial font, in with the much improved fonts! The font you will see has been optimized for your operating system.
- iOS 9 or OS X El Capitan Safari will use the San Francisco font.
- Older versions of iOS/OS X or using Firefox/Chrome on a Mac will still use the Helvetica Neue font.
- Windows will use the Tahoma font.
- Android will use the Roboto font.
- Ubuntu will, surprise, use the Ubuntu font.
- All other operating systems will use their sans-serif font.
- New buttons. The game now uses stylized buttons, which should look more consistent than the previous default buttons.
- New favicon. That 1k looks slightly different now.
- New app icon. Shown above. The 1k now uses the San Francisco font and a new gradient background. This should look much better than the previous solid white design.
I hope that you too agree that the new design is a step in the right direction. If you want to reference the old layout, version 2.6.3 awaits you in the Archive.
* Yes, I know Segoe UI is the Windows system font, but I chose Tahoma instead since Segoe UI is more difficult to read. I didn't want to sacrifice function for form.